Most gemstones, rough or cut, on their own or in jewellery, will pick up negative or unwanted energies over time. They are a bit like sponges absorbing and reacting to the environment’s energies. Our gemstone need to be renewed regularly, we feel so much better with our daily showers, similarly our gemstone need to be washed off their psychic dirt to be at their best.
When people handle gemstones their energies remain in the stones. Can you imagine when you buy gemstone at stores think of how many others have handled these stones. In order for your gemstone to be free and radiate positive clean energies they need to be cleansed and charged.
Gemstone that are used for healing or energy work should be cleared and cleansed of negative energy prior to any the work. You will also find that clearing stones makes them more cheerful and positive to have around.
Here are a number of methods that are commonly used to clear gemstone to restore their bright, happy, vibrant energy.
Whichever method you choose, focus on using it with intention of clearing negative and unwanted energies from the gemstone.
To clean and maintain your gemstone:
1) Washing them in flowing water ( Streams or tap water or soak them in salt water or ocean water)
2) Exposing them to sunlight
3) Cleansing with the fumes of sandalwood incense
4) Ask the Divine or Pray: This a simple ritual, but it does work wonderfully. Simply ask the Divine (God/Goddess/Universe/etc.) to clear and energetically cleanse your gemstone for you. You can also simply ask the gemstone to clear itself. Form your request with specific intent and ask in a meditative or prayerful frame of mind. Something like “O Great Divine, please clear all unwanted energies from this gemstone for the best and highest good of all concerned. Thank you. Amen.” would be a good specific request. The details should be changed to fit your own beliefs and needs.
5) Sound: Use a melodic gong, Tibetan prayer bells, a bell, chanting OM to clear unwanted energies from your gemstone..Hold the gemstone and sound the gong, etc next to it, passing the gemstone through the sound waves to clear it.
To store your clean and charged gemstone:
To avoid contamination, store your clean and charged gemstone in silk cloth or silk bags to prevent it from becoming contaminated with unwanted energies.